Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Brand New Day

The girls have been on me to start a family blog. I think if nothing else this will serve as a family journal. One I hope you enjoy. How the times have changed recently. Xavier is done with school and in the work force as a Speech Pathologist. Renee has a new job working for GEMCare Medical Group. The boys are dreaming of ways to divide the bedrooms amongst themselves. But before I get ahead of myself let me introduce you to The Kids....

Alexis "The General"
This one can organize anything, anytime, anyplace. She is a force of Nature. She doesn't really understand NO. She rarely, if ever backs down, and she has never met a stranger. ALEXIS.. you wanted a family blog to know what we are doing here. I hope this blog lives up to all your expectations.
Adam "The Superstar"
Never afraid of anything (except cleaning his room), he can take on any task and be good at it. Diving, singing, guitar playing and oh yeah..Planking! I just really hope the Eagle is somewhere is his near future!!
Emma "The Worrier"
Oh little Em... She is definitely the conscience of the group. She is also strong willed and determined to do her thing. Emma is a great student and a wonderful friend. Poor Emma, she's been tasked with Alexis. Need I say more?
Aaron "The Lionheart"
Aaron is funny, sensitive, and truly sees things one of two ways, right or wrong. He doesn't care who you are, he is all about chastising for word of wisdom, tattoo's, smoking. You name it. This also makes discipline nice, because he can admit when he is wrong. He is the champion for the weak, and can always take up the cause of injustice. He is old enough to make life really interesting and still young enough to see the good in all things. He as the greatest laugh and smile of anyone I know.
Ashlynn "The Princess" 
Asher has never really understood she is not really royalty. She is nice, but not easily swayed. Loves to give affection, but needs her own space. Loves to enlist your help with tasks and then supervise. What can I say..... Princess. She is also fiercely loyal, very protective and wants to help all. She is a friend to all.
Deasiya "The Bravehearted"
Only Deasiya could move to B-town, a brand new member, acquire MORE family then she already had, finish her senior year, and run off to BYU!! She is fearless. We love Dirty D. She 
fancies herself quite the cook these days. her roommates will love all her new cooking tricks!!


Well as you can see they are all different, not quite the Brady Bunch (except for that part about the lovely lady), but we will keep them. They are all over these days. The oldest two, Alexis and Emma are both at BYU-Idaho. Deasiya (at home for summer break) is usually found at BYU-Provo (the real BYU if you ask Thad and Brittany). Ashlynn has just left home to nanny for Corinne and Brendan. She will join the older girls in Idaho in January. The new Villanueva household is changing. We will have occasional input and short stays from girls. But I think it is time Xavier and I faced the fact that is Us and two Boys. Not a bad thing really. Just different. Alexis reminded me today we raised our children to have great adventures. I hope they know the greatest adventure of our lives have been raising our kids. With Adam and Aaron still around somehow I think our adventures are far from over.

No one said it would be easy... or perfect they only said it would be worth it ... and oh has it  been.

Well sit back and wait, hopefully you'll enjoy How the V's View It!

6 comments:

  1. This makes me happy. You and your kids have the best stories. And I think since this is the family blog, you should have Adam guest post once a month or so with planking highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens, I love it!!! I even teared up a little :) I'll be stalking you regularly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally on. Guest host? I live in this freaking house.

    ReplyDelete